The Lions are set to face the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, Jan 7. The game is scheduled for 1:00 ET while airing on FOX. Detroit enters this game as 3.5-point favorites with the total set at 45.5. How will this one play out? Let’s dive into the Lions vs Vikings player props and predictions below.
Lions VS. Vikings Odds
- Spread: Lions -3.5
- Total 45.5
NFL Player Prop Special: SNF Week 18
This is a no-brainer NFL prop for NEW USERS of Underdog Fantasy on Sunday of Week 18.
Underdog Fantasy is offering a promotion that allows you to take Josh Allen over 0.5 pass yards.
- New customers can also get up to a $100 deposit bonus with promo code PROPS.
- You can pair this with one of the aforementioned props or use our NFL cheat sheets for help.
- This presents a fantastic opportunity to boost your bankroll.
To redeem this exclusive offer, simply click here or the banner below.
- Date: Sunday, Jan 7
- Time: 1:00 ET
- Location: Ford Field, Detroit MI
- TV: FOX
Vikings Betting Trends
- Over their last five games, the Vikings have an over/under record of 3-2 and are 0-3-2 vs. the spread.
- In their last ten games away from home, the Vikings have a straight up record of 6-4 while going 6-1-3 vs. the spread. The team averaged 21 points per game in this stretch.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Vikings have gone 4-4-2 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 3-7.
Lions Betting Trends
- In their last five games, the Lions have an over/under record of 4-1 and are 3-2 vs. the spread.
- Across their ten previous home games, Detroit has an ATS mark of 8-2. Their straight-up record in these matchups was 7-3 while averaging 23 points per game.
- In their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Lions have a straight-up record of 8-2 and an ATS mark of 7-3.
Will Minnesota Find a Way to Win on the Road?
This season, the Vikings have achieved an overall record of 7-9, putting them 3rd in the NFC-North. This includes a 3-6 record as underdogs and 4-3 when they are favored. The current scoring margin for the Vikings’ is -0.5, and this has contributed to their ATS record of 7-6-3.
Taking a look at their last game, the Vikings suffered a 33-10 loss to the Packers. Besides their straight-up loss, the Vikings also failed to cover the spread as 1-point favorites. With a set over/under line of 42.5 points, the game concluded with a combined total of 43 points, surpassing the betting line.
On offense, Nick Mullens ended with 113 passing yards on a completion rate of 59%. On the ground, the Vikings ran the ball 16 times, amassing 67 yards. The team converted 3 third-downs at a rate of 30%.
On the defensive side of the ball, Minnesota currently ranks 11th in points allowed. Their opponents have been averaging 20.8 points per game while gaining 330.2 yards per contest.
Does Detroit Have What it Takes to Win as Home Favorites?
This week will be the Lions’ 8th home game of the season. So far, they have put together a record of 5-2 at home and 6-3 on the road. Their overall mark of 11-5 has them sitting 1st in the NFC-North. Against the spread, the Lions are 11-5 this season. This includes them covering the spread in two straight games on the road.
After a 20-19 loss to the Cowboys, the Lions are looking to get back on track this week. Even with a loss to Dallas, the Lions did manage to cover the spread. They were 5-point underdogs going into the game. The under hit in the Lions’ most recent game, as the teams combined for 39 points. The line going into the game was 54.
Detroit’s offense produced a total of 420 yards against the Cowboys. When it came to third downs, the Lions had a conversion rate of 30.8%. The leading rusher for the Lions was David Montgomery, who had 65 yards, and Jared Goff contributed 271 passing yards.
The Lion’s defense takes on the Vikings, have given up an average of 23.4 points per game. So far, they are 9th in quarterback hits and are giving up 329.1 yards per contest.
Lions vs. Vikings Player Props
Analyzing the rushing yards props for this Vikings and Lions matchup, Ty Chandler’s current prop stands at 44.5 yards. Betting the under has a payout of -120, while the over is at -113.
So far this season, Ty Chandler is 41st among running backs in rushing attempts and has 392 yards. He heads into this week’s game, averaging 4 yards per carry. Detroit’s defense is allowing an average of 3.7 yards per rushing attempt so far. My bet is on taking the under at 44.5 rushing yards.
- The Prop: Ty Chandler Under 44.5 Rushing Yards (-120)
Lions VS. Vikings Predictions
The point spreads have remained relatively steady up to this point. Presently, Detroit is the favorite with a -3.5 point spread and a payout of -108, while Minnesota is at +3.5 (-114).
Considering Detroit’s impressive performance in the running game in their last game and the fact that they’re up against a Minnesota defense that struggled to contain the run against Dallas, I’m taking Detroit at -3.5 for this matchup.
The Pick: Lions -3.5 | -108 at Fanduel Sportsbook