For your Rockets vs. Hawks predictions needs, we’ve got you covered as the Hawks hit the road to face the Rockets on Wednesday, Dec 20 at 8:00 ET. Currently, the total sits at 233.5, with the Rockets favored by 3 at home. Keep reading to get our Rockets vs. Hawks player props and predictions.
Rockets vs. Hawks Odds
- Spread: Rockets -3
- Total 233.5
Exclusive NBA Prop Offer: Wednesday, Dec. 20
This is a no-brainer NBA prop for NEW USERS of Sleeper Fantasy for Wednesday, Dec. 20.
Our partners at Sleeper Fantasy are offering a promotion that allows you to take Jayson Tatum over 0.5 points.
- New customers can also get up to a $500 deposit bonus with promo code PROPS.
- You can pair this with one of the aforementioned props or use our NBA cheat sheets for help.
- This presents a fantastic opportunity to boost your bankroll.
To redeem this exclusive offer, simply click here or the banner below.
- Date: Wednesday, Dec 20
- Time: 8:00 ET
- Location: Toyota Center, Houston TX
- TV: Spac
Hawks Betting Trends
- Over their last five games, the Hawks have an over/under record of 4-1 and are 1-4 vs. the spread.
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Atlanta has an ATS record of 1-4 while averaging 121 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Spanning across their last five games as the betting underdog, the Hawks have gone 1-4 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 1-4.
Rockets Betting Trends
- In their last five games, the Rockets have an over/under record of 1-4 and are 5-0 vs. the spread.
- In their last ten games at home, the Rockets have a straight up record of 2-8 while going 5-4-1 vs. the spread. The team averaged 112 points per game in this stretch.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Rockets have a strong straight up record of 5-0. In addition, their ATS record was 5-0 in these scenarios.
Will Atlanta Shock Everyone at Toyota Center?
The Hawks are 11-15 on the season and are hoping to beat the Rockets. In the Eastern Conference, the Hawks are in 11th place and are 3rd in the Southeast division.
In their latest game, Atlanta’s offense looked good, scoring 130 points against the Pistons. They recorded an overall field goal percentage of 54.1% and made 22/27 free throws. In terms of offense, the Hawks have a season-long field goal percentage of 47%, putting them 14th in the NBA. Regarding three-pointers, they are ranked 8th in percentage and 7th in three-pointers made.
Coming into today’s game, the Hawks’ defense is giving up an average of 122.7 points per contest.
Inside the arc, the Hawks defense is giving up a shooting percentage of 58.4% and 38.3% from three-point territory.
Can the Rockets Pull Out the Win as Home Favorites?
In the Southwest Division, the Rockets are 3rd and 9th in the Western Conference. Overall, they are 13-11 and have gone 1-2 in their last three games.
In their recent matchup, the Rockets offense ended with 130 points against the Cavaliers. They finished with an overall field goal percentage of 46.1% and made 12 threes. Leading the team in scoring was Fred VanVleet with 27 points. Alperen SengÃ¼n also added 24 points for the Rockets.
This season, the Rockets defense has been impressive, holding the 2 position in the league while permitting an average of 107.3 points per contest.
When it comes to forced turnovers, the Rockets are forcing 12.7 per game, which is 11th in the league. They also come into the game sitting 23rd in blocked shots at 4.4 per game.
Rockets vs. Hawks Player Prop
A player prop we are looking at is Trae Young and his points prop of 30.5. Currently, the over for this prop is sitting at a payout of -109 while the under is at -125. In his matchup vs. the Rockets, we are recommending to take the under on Trae Young and his prop of 30.5 points. Our player projection model has him falling short of his prop with a projected 25.
- The Prop: Trae Young Under 30.5 Points (-125)
Rockets vs. Hawks Predictions
The Hawks come in as the underdog at +3, making them our top choice on the point spread. We not only expect them to cover the spread but also believe they have a strong chance of winning the game outright, especially if you’re aiming for a higher moneyline payout.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 233.5, and our model predicts the Hawks and Rockets to score a combined 212 points. We recommend betting on the under.
The Pick: Hawks +3 | at Fanduel Sportsbook