John Allaire (Arlington, VA)
The best feature of Draftkings is the live bets and the amount of bets available. Live odds are available immediately. The mobile app is fairly easy to use, and the daily fantasy feature is also especially attractive during football season- it has a massive user base so it’s easy to find all types of fantasy games to play. They have a great sign-up offer available that should definitely take advantage of when signing up should you not have an account already. I’ve heard good things about the casino, but I am only a sports bettor. I find a lot better odds on other sites as well. Customer service also could greatly be improved and it’s very hard to get your money back- you have to jump through a bunch of hoops unlike Fanduel which is pretty simple. I was also locked out of the site a couple of times which was frustrating.
Tyisha Lassiter (Mays Landing, NJ)
DraftKings is where I place most of my bets, mostly due to the general speed and ease of use of the mobile app. I really only use the mobile app – I don’t place many bets on desktop. I’ve also never had any issues depositing or cashing out at DraftKings, which hasn’t been the case at some other sportsbooks, and I like the frequent odds boosts. I would like to see more in-play markets and I do think some other sportsbooks have slightly better VIP programs.
Darrin Verderame (Caldwell, NJ)
I mostly wager with Draftkings because of the profit boosts and bonuses. I also receive weekly free bets based on my play. I really like that I receive payouts quickly. I also like that the golf odds are mostly better odds on Draftkings. It’s great that I have a VIP host that I can text when I have a problem and he gets back to me right away. They have a wide variety of wagers for all sports. I think that customer service could have a quicker response time to my emails. Also when I receive promo flyers in the mail sometimes the QR code doesn’t work right away.
Tanner Whitter (Philadelphia, PA)
Quick deposit function is easy to use and convenient. I believe the My bets page is very easy to read and the black background helps the red/green/yellow really pop out versus other sportsbooks. Top and bottom navigation easy to identify and find what you are looking for quickly. I would look to improve the quick bet preview as a bettor of parlays, that would be frustrating to keep clicking out. FD and BETMGM do not auto populate. Still unsure of what crowns and DK dollars, been on the app for 5 years and haven’t used them once, I am here to bet money, give me real money. The casino is very slow almost impossible to navigate between games in one sitting. Definitely my favorite app and have used it most frequently.
- Can I bet on college sports on DraftKings? Yes. DraftKings offers online betting on all college sports, except where prohibited by local laws. As of October 2021, for example, New Jersey prohibits wagers on in-state college teams no matter where they play and prohibits wagers on college games played in the state.
- Can I bet on esports at DraftKings? Yes. DraftKings is one of the few sportsbooks to offer sports betting on esports competitions. For games like League of Legends, Call of Duty, Rocket League, CS: GO, Dota 2, Valorant, and much more, DraftKings has made a name in the esports betting market.
- Is there a mobile DraftKings Sportsbook app? Yes. DraftKings offers a mobile app for both Android and iOS devices. The apps are linked to the respective state where the sports bettor resides, so choosing the right option is important when configuring the app. There is also a mobile-friendly website for those who need to have an alternative to the app.
- Does DraftKings offer online casino games? Yes. In 2021, the DraftKings casino option launched in states where they are permitted. Players can access traditional online casino games, namely Blackjack, Texas Hold'em, Three Card Poker, Roulette, and Blackjack, as well as slot machines. There are also DraftKings casino live dealer games available in certain states.
- How do I report a problem with DraftKings to regulators? Because DraftKings is regulated in each state where it has a presence, the states' gaming regulators oversee its operations. Anyone with an issue that they haven't been able to resolve with DraftKings can contact their respective state gaming regulator using the information provided on the regulator's site, as well as on the DraftKings site, to have their issues addressed.
- How do I get paid when I win at DraftKings? DraftKings makes it simple to receive payouts. All winning bets are automatically deposited into the user's account and, when a payout or withdrawal is requested, the user can choose one of several methods. Players can request that their payouts be made through a check, PayPal, ACH, or cage pick up at a casino where available. However, PayPal withdrawals may only be available if deposits were made using the payments provider.
- Can DraftKings limit or reject my sports bets? Yes, but only in certain situations. For example, all wagers on a game that has been postponed or forfeited will be voided unless the game is rescheduled and played within the same scheduling week or settlement has already been determined. If the game venue is changed, all bets will be voided.
- Does DraftKings offer parlay betting? Yes. DraftKings offers a range of parlay options on most of the major sporting events. Bettors can configure parlays on all types of outcomes together across events, not just money lines and spreads, and it also offers prop bets, futures, and more.
DraftKings Sportsbook vs. FanDuel Sportsbook
|Selection of Sports|
DraftKings and FanDuel persist as the two most popular online sportsbooks in the U.S. Both platforms offer a world-class betting experience.
You’ll find a world-class selection of available sports on both platforms. Major leagues, both US-based and abroad, are thoroughly covered by both DraftKings and FanDuel.
Both DraftKings and FanDuel present highly-respected mobile apps, creating a virtual deadlock in that category.
DraftKings gets the nod for a better rewards program for sports bettors. FanDuel wins the welcome bonus battle, as the DraftKings deposit match is tough to attain (25x playthrough requirement).
DraftKings Sportsbook Review
DraftKings was known as one of the most popular brands for daily fantasy sports (DFS) in the U.S. before it entered the sports betting industry. They offer a massive selection of betting options for mainstream leagues and niche sports. In addition, DraftKings Sportsbook uses a secure legal online sports betting platform accompanied by a great DraftKings mobile app.
The DraftKings Sportsbook website debuted in New Jersey in August 2018 and, since then, added several other states across the country. It now operates in more than a dozen states, competing for customers with rival sportsbooks like FanDuel and BetMGM.
Because of strong brand recognition and marketing, DraftKings is one of the most popular online sports betting brands in the U.S. DraftKings continues to expand and find new states to serve. Still, it also constantly adds new gaming products to make it a complete online gaming solution. This DraftKings Sportsbook review will show you why it is such a popular sports betting app and what separates it from other legal sports betting sites.
DraftKings Sportsbook Promos
Take a look at all of the bonuses DraftKings Sportsbook offers in different states on our Sign-Up Offers hub page.
Facts About DraftKings
DraftKings stands out because of its experience in the sports ecosystem. The sportsbook’s growth can be attributed to several factors, which continue to make it more successful today.
They began trading publicly on NASDAQ after completing a three-way merger that included white-label supplier SBTech and a SPAC (special purpose acquisition company), Diamond Eagle, in 2020. That merger and subsequent NASDAQ launch gave the company a significant cash injection, introducing non-stop promotional credits to compete with FanDuel and BetMGM.
Due to the merger, the DraftKings website shifted away from the Kambi platform in favor of SBTech, which the company has said will allow it to save money that they could then use for more promotions.
Virtually all legal online sportsbooks offer a deposit bonus in some form. After making your first deposit at the sportsbook, you might be eligible for a free bet, deposit match, risk-free bet, or other kind of new player promo.
You won’t need a DraftKings promo code to unlock the deposit bonus available to Props.com readers. By signing up for the DraftKings Sportsbook site with the “Play Now” links in this review, you’re automatically eligible for a 20% deposit match bonus, up to $1,000.
To unlock the full $1,000 in bonus money, you must deposit $5,000 or more. The sign-up bonus comes with a 25x playthrough requirement, meaning you unlock $1 of free bet credit for every $25 wagered.
Other bonuses for DraftKings users include recurring free bet, parlay insurance, odds boost, and other promotions.
Live Betting Cashouts
The live betting cashout is a newer feature that you can find on virtually all online sportsbooks. It allows customers to cash out of a wager on their bet slip while the game is still in progress.
While it may be popular with several sportsbooks now, DraftKings was among the first to offer the live betting cashout feature, making the sportsbook a pioneer in the market. The option has become a massive success since it allows, under certain circumstances, a bettor to pull out of a wager if the odds have improved.
DraftKings also has a smooth traditional live betting feature that allows you to place a new wager as the game is in progress.
Getting Started At DraftKings
Bettors only need about five minutes to open a DraftKings account and begin placing wagers. The DraftKings Sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android devices, and there is also a web version available. The registration process requires certain pieces of information that are now required by all legal, regulated sportsbooks in the U.S.
How To Sign Up At DraftKings Sportsbook And Claim Your Welcome Bonus
- Click the “CLAIM OFFER” or “BET NOW” links included throughout this Props.com review of DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Those links take you to the DraftKings website. Click the green “SIGN ME UP” button to continue.
- Enter a username and password (no promo code needed for Props.com readers). Agree to the terms and click Next
- The last four digits of the social security number, the user’s full name, address, email address, and phone number are required. Once entered, click Next. This will create the content.
- The last step is to fund the account, which you can do with a credit card, debit card, ACH transfer, e-check, PayPal, DraftKings Play+ prepaid card, or PayNearMe. A minimum deposit of $5 is required.
- After you complete the registration process, you can place sports wagers at DraftKings Sportsbook via mobile app or desktop. Check out our Desktop vs. Mobile online sports wagering guide for more information.
It’s important to note that some users have had issues creating a DraftKings Sportsbook account if they have a daily fantasy sports account. Both accounts have locked up if a user tries to make a sportsbook account with the same credentials as their DFS account. This requires having a chat with DraftKings to get the situation resolved.
DraftKings Sportsbook Vs. Other Books
To see how DraftKings measures up against other sportsbooks in terms of bonuses and other features, check out some of our guides to online sportsbook bonuses:
- Top Arizona Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top Colorado Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top Indiana Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top Maryland Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top Michigan Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top New Jersey Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top New York Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top Illinois Sportsbook Bonuses
- Top Ohio Sportsbook Bonuses
DraftKings Sportsbook Betting Markets
DraftKings betting markets are available in the following sports leagues (as well as numerous others):
Is DraftKings Sportsbook Legit?
One of the best ways to measure a sportsbook is through its customer support, so this DraftKings Sportsbook Review will examine the trustworthiness of that element.
DraftKings makes it easy to get help for most problems. In addition, the sportsbook has an extensive FAQ section that maintains different questions into categories for easy research. Another in-depth FAQ section features information on things like betting multiples and more.
DraftKings Sportsbook offers dedicated email addresses in each state for customer support and a live chat feature for immediate assistance. Customer support reps are friendly and knowledgeable and can answer questions quickly and correctly.
The DraftKings Sportsbook legal betting platform is regulated in each state it operates. You can click on the state names in the following list to see an overview of sports betting in that state.
Where Can I Bet At DraftKings Sportsbook?
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
DraftKings Sportsbook is also licensed and regulated in Ontario, Canada:
- Ontario – Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Because it is highly regulated and publicly traded, DraftKings has too much at stake to not be a legitimate operator. In addition, the company has a wealth of expertise from the gaming industry behind it and continues to grow because it is one of the most reputable sportsbooks on the market.
The quickest option to withdraw money is to request a cash payout at a participating casino, only available in certain states. Play+ payments are also fast, provided users have their own Play+ account.
ACH withdrawals from the DraftKings website to a bank account are possible and can take up to five business days, or payouts by check can be made. However, check requests typically take a couple of weeks. It is also possible to withdraw funds via PayPal, but only if you used PayPal for the deposit. DraftKings doesn’t charge any withdrawal fees; however, the payment provider may.
The Introduction Of DraftKings
DraftKings was founded by Jason Robins, Matthew Kalish, and Paul Liberman as a daily fantasy sports platform in 2012. Its first product was a one-on-one baseball competition, which coincided with MLB’s Opening Day. In July of that year, DraftKings received its first outside funding, a $1.4-million investment led by Ryan Moore of venture firm Accomplice and other investors.
MLB invested in DraftKings in 2013, with more investors adding $24 million through a Series B funding round that November. The company continued to receive significant investments each year until it launched its sportsbook and went public. As of July 2021, DraftKings had a market capitalization of $20.64 billion.
While DraftKings has primarily been a U.S.-based online sports betting company, its ambitions don’t stop there. In 2015, it received a license from the U.K. Gambling Commission to introduce pool wagering services. This allowed DraftKings a new market offering daily soccer matchups and the start of a move to other players and markets across Europe.
In 2018 DraftKings made a move to launch mobile sports betting in New Jersey under the DraftKings Sportsbook brand. Since then, it has opened markets in Iowa, Indiana, West Virginia, and several other states that have legalized sports betting in the past three years.
In the company’s short existence, it has expanded rapidly worldwide. As a result, DraftKings players have additional options for wagering on various sports such as cricket, Aussie Rules Football, MMA, and motorsports.
DraftKings’ three founders are still with the company. Jason Robins is the CEO, a Duke University graduate with an economics and computer science background. He has been listed on Fortune’s “40 Under 40” list for most influential people and several other similar business professional lists.
Paul Liberman previously served as DraftKings’ chief operating officer and is now its President, Global Product and Technology. He is a graduate of Worcester Polytechnic Institute, where he received a degree in electrical engineering and computer science.
Matt Kalish was the CRO of DraftKings before taking over as president in January 2020. Like his fellow DraftKings co-founders, his background is in computer science, and he also holds an MBA in Business from the Boston College Carroll School of Management. In addition, all three of the founders worked at VistaPrint together when they came up with the DraftKings DFS platform.
In 2020, the legendary Michael Jordan invested with DraftKings and now sits on its board of advisors.
Bet $5 Get $200
DraftKings Sportsbook FYI
Even in the ultra-competitive U.S. sports betting market, DraftKings Sportsbook offers a standout mobile wagering platform. Bettors in more than 15 states enjoy access to DraftKings Sportsbook.
If you’re in one of those states, you would do well to include DraftKings Sportsbook among your go-to mobile sports betting apps. Let’s take a look a few reasons why DraftKings persists as one of the top brands in sports betting.
DraftKings Made MLB History
MLB backs DraftKings. The league invested in the company when it was still operating as a daily fantasy sports operator only, making it the first time MLB invested in any company remotely tied to sports betting. In addition, MLB had supported the introduction of PASPA (the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992), which made its investment in DraftKings in 2013 a little surprising.
DraftKings Sportsbook has its own Stats Hub. This platform offers all kinds of sports stats to help sports bettors make their calls. Powered by iSportsGenius, this is an excellent tool for quick research.
DraftKings’ Stats Hub provides standard stats like standings, point differential, points per game, and more, including more robust options and specific stats. It also has graphs for moneyline and over/under line movement to see how the odds have changed.
DraftKings enrolls members in a loyalty program when registering for an account. They earn loyalty points, which DraftKings calls crowns, and move up in the ranks as they accumulate more crowns.
The lowest level is bronze, and the highest is black. The black tier is a VIP program that offers exclusive benefits, enhanced promotions, priority customer support, and access to personalized contests and other incentives.
Bet $5 Get
AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, ON, OR, PA, TN, VA, WY