Tampa Bay finally did what only Pittsburgh could do in the very first game of the playoffs: beat the Rangers at home.
Behind a 25-save night from Andrei Vasilevsky, the Lightning pushed themselves to the brink of a date with the Avalanche in the Stanley Cup Final. The two-time defending champ vs. the young, hungry wrecking crew with two sweeps in three series.
But first, the Lightning will have to finish off the Rangers to claim the Eastern Conference. Fortunately for Tampa, they get to play at home tonight where they’re 6-1 in the playoffs. Unfortunately for the Rangers, they have to go on the road (where they’re 2-7 in the postseason).
Props.com has the full breakdown of Rangers vs Lightning odds and action with a Game 6 betting preview.
NHL Eastern Conference Final: Game 6 Odds
|New York Rangers||+160||-160 (+1.5 goals)||5.5 (Over +120)|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||-190||+140 (-1.5 goals)||5.5 (Under -140)|
Odds via DraftKings and updated as of 11:30 a.m. ET on June 11.
N.Y. Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (8 p.m. ET/ESPN)
Best-of-7 series: Tampa Bay leads, 3-2.
Playoff results to date: New York 10-9 overall (2-7 road); Tampa Bay 11-5 overall (6-1 home).
Game 5 betting recap: Tampa Bay closed as a -125 home favorite, finally taking one from New York in Madison Square Garden. The Under hit for the fourth straight time as the 3-1 final (thanks to an empty netter) cruised under the closing 5.5 total. The Under is 4-1 in the series.
According to BetPrep, Tampa Bay’s Erick Cernak is six for his last six to go Under 1.5 shots on goal. If you can get it at -110 (still available as of 11:30 a.m ET), BetPrep sees a whopping 48.5% positive expected value on the play. That’s more edge than a knife factory.
Some other players showing an edge on the BetPrep Prop Cheat Sheet are:
- NYR Adam Fox Over 0.5 points continues to show value. Fox is now 17 of his last 21 to hit the scoresheet. You’ll have to pay -145, but the expected value on the play is there at 22%.
- NYR Chris Kreider Over 0.5 points. At -125 Kreider’s points prop generates 15% plus-EV, and he’s hit it in six of his last seven.
- NYR Ryan Lindgren Under 1.5 shots on goal. A monster play in terms of edge, Lindgren has gone Under in eight of 10, and at +110 you’re getting 41% EV.
- TBL Ryan McDonagh Under 2.5 shots-on-goal. The Lightning’s McDonagh has gone Under 32 of his last 35. At a juicy -140, you’re betting with a 46% edge.
- NYR is 5-2 on the puckline in their last seven.
- NYR is 9-3 on the puckline against the Lightning.
- TBL is 7-3 on the puckline at home.
- TBL is on positive runs of 9-2 overall and 12-4 as a playoff favorite (3-2 in this series)
- Under is 9-1 in TBL’s last 10 overall.
- TBL is on a six-game home winning streak.
Rangers vs Lightning Odds and Action
UPDATE 6 P.M. ET SATURDAY: The Lightning will cost you the full $2 now. Tampa Bay is at -200 with the Rangers +170 on the comeback. The splits have barely budged though, with the Rangers getting 60% of tickets but money dead even at 50/50. On the puckline the Lightning have narrowed to +135, pulling 59% of tickets and 54% of the money. The total remains at 5.5 (Under -140), still with 56% of tickets but now against 61% of the money.
UPDATE 11:30 A.M. ET SATURDAY: Tampa Bay opened as a -180 favorite at DraftKings, briefly was bet down to -170 late Friday. As of Saturday morning, that has widened to -190. The Lightning are taking just 39% of tickets, but 51% of the money.
On the puckline, Tampa Bay (-1.5) opened at +165, dipped all the way to +140 late Friday, briefly climbed to +150 Saturday morning, and has settled back at +140. The home favorite is drawing 59% of puckline bets and 49% of the cash.
Once again we opened with a 5.5 total with heavy juice (-140) to the Under. Draftkings moved to 5 Friday afternoon with -130 juice to the Over but returned to its opening numbers on Friday evening. The Under is getting 56% of tickets and 54% of the handle.
Check back prior to puck drop of Game 6 for additional Rangers vs Lightning odds and action updates.