Looking for Lakers vs. Knicks predictions? We have you covered as the Knicks travel to take on the Lakers on Monday, Dec 18 at 10:30 ET. Currently, the total sits at 234.5 with the Lakers favored by 5 at home. Keep reading to get our Lakers vs. Knicks player props and predictions.
Lakers vs. Knicks Odds
- Spread: Lakers -5
- Total 234.5
Top Sportsbooks in Virginia
- Date: Monday, Dec 18
- Time: 10:30 ET
- Location: Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles CA
- TV: SN-LA
Knicks Betting Trends
- Over their last five games, the Knicks have an over/under record of 4-0-1 and are 2-3 vs. the spread.
- Although New York has a straight up record of 1-2 in their last three road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 1-2. The team averaged 124 points per game in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Knicks have a straight up record of 3-7. Their record vs the spread in these games was 4-6.
Lakers Betting Trends
- In their last five games, the Lakers have an over/under record of 0-5 and are 4-1 vs. the spread.
- Across their three previous home games, Los Angeles has an ATS mark of 0-3. Their straight up record in these matchups was 1-2 while averaging 120 points per game.
- As the betting favorite, the Lakers have an ATS mark of just 0-3 in their last three games. Los Angeles posted a straight up mark of 1-2 in these matchups.
Does New York Have What it Takes to Win as Road Underdogs?
In the Knicks’ last ten games, they have gone 5-5 and have an overall record of 14-11. As of now, they are in 6th place in the Eastern Conference and are 3rd in the Atlantic division.
The Knicks recently showcased a strong offensive performance, scoring 122 points against the Clippers. This output exceeded their season average of 114.5 points per game. Offensively, the Knicks hold a season-long field goal percentage of 46%, placing them 22nd in the national rankings. When it comes to three-pointers, they are ranked 4th in terms of percentage and 9th in three-pointers made.
At this time, the Knicks’ defense is positioned 9th in the NBA, permitting 111.8 points per game.
Inside the arc, the Knicks defense is giving up a shooting percentage of 55.4% and 37.5% from three-point territory.
Can Los Angeles Pull Off a Home Win?
Currently, the Lakers are 15-11 and are above .500 as they prepare to face off against the Knicks. In the Western Conference, they are in 8th place and are 3rd in the Pacific division.
The Lakers offense is coming off a game in which they scored 115 points vs. the Spurs. Overall their field goal percentage was 48.3% while connecting on 11 threes. So far, three-pointers haven’t been a huge part of Los Angeles’ offense, as they average just 30.1 attempts per game. Their overall field goal percentage is 48% while averaging 100.5 possessions per contest.
Coming into today’s game, the Lakers’ defense is giving up an average of 113.5 points per contest.
In the terms of takeaways, Lakers are causing 13.9 turnovers per game, ranking 22nd in the league. They also enter the matchup ranked 11th in rejections, averaging 5.6 blocked shots each game.
Lakers vs. Knicks Player Prop
A player prop we are looking at is Jalen Brunson and his points prop of 24.5. Currently, the over for this prop is sitting at a payout of -140 while the under is at +120. Our projections have Jalen Brunson finishing with a stat line of 24 points, 4 and 7 assists. As for his points prop, we like the under at 24.5.
- The Prop: Jalen Brunson Under 24.5 Points (+120)
Lakers vs. Knicks Predictions
Entering the game as underdogs with a spread of +5, the Knicks is our point spread pick. Our projections not only see them covering the spread but also indicate a solid chance of an outright victory. This is a good choice for those looking for a higher moneyline payout.
As for the total, the line is currently sitting at 234.5 and our model has the Knicks and Lakers finishing with a combined 231 points. Our pick is to take the under.
The Pick: Knicks +5 | at Fanduel Sportsbook