If you’re on the hunt for predictions regarding Bucks vs. Timberwolves, look no further. The Timberwolves are hitting the road to challenge the Bucks on Thursday, Feb 8 at 8:00 ET. Currently, the total is 227, with the Bucks being favored by 1.5. Keep reading to get our Bucks vs. Timberwolves player props and predictions.
Bucks vs. Timberwolves Odds
- Spread: Bucks -1.5
- Total 227
Top Sportsbooks in Virginia
- Date: Thursday, Feb 8
- Time: 8:00 ET
- Location: Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee WI
- TV: BSW
Timberwolves Betting Trends
- Over their last five games, the Timberwolves have an over/under record of 2-3 and are 3-2 vs. the spread.
- Across their five previous road games, Minnesota has an ATS mark of 2-3. Their straight up record in these matchups was 3-2 while averaging 111 points per game.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Timberwolves have gone 6-4 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 5-5.
Bucks Betting Trends
- In their last five games, the Bucks have an over/under record of 4-1 and are 2-3 vs. the spread.
- Through their last ten home games, Milwaukee has an ATS record of just 1-9. However, their overall record was 4-6 while averaging 115 points per game.
- The Bucks have played well in their last three games as the betting favorite, going 2-1 straight up and 2-1 against the spread.
Will the Timberwolves Defense Show Up in Milwaukee?
When they take on the Bucks, the Timberwolves come in with a 35-16 overall record and have gone 1-2 in their last three games. In games against Western Conference teams, the Timberwolves are 24-8 and are 11-8 in non-conference matchups.
In their most recent game vs. the Bulls, the Timberwolves offense put up 123 points. They shot 45.7% from the field and made 20 threes. Anthony Edwards was the leading scorer for the Timberwolves with 38 points, while Karl-Anthony Towns added 33 points.
When it comes to defense, the Minnesota Timberwolves are the best in the league, giving up just 107.1 points per game. They have been especially tough at home, allowing just 102.6 points per contest. Over their last five games, they have been even better, giving up just 103 points per game.
One area where Minnesota has been especially strong is defending the three-point line, ranking 4th in both three-point shooting percentage allowed and three-pointers made allowed per game. In fact, over their last five games, they have been even better, holding opponents to just 34% shooting from beyond the arc.
Overall, opponents have scored less than their season average in 72.5% of their games vs. the Timberwolves. They have also held opponents to just 42.9% shooting from the field over their last five games.
Will the Bucks Live Up to Expectations at Home?
Coming into today’s game vs. the Timberwolves, the Bucks are 33-18 overall and have gone 5-5 in their last ten games. In non-conference play, the Bucks are 9-6 compared to a 24-12 record against Eastern Conference teams.
In their most recent game, the Bucks’ offense put up only 106 points against the Suns. Throughout the game, they shot 40 three-pointers and had a field goal percentage of 43.3%. Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer for the Bucks in their last game with 34 points, while Malik Beasley chipped in 22 points.
So far this season, the Bucks have been a below-average defensive team, ranking 24th in points allowed per game at 119.8. At home, they have given up 119.2 points per game, which is 23rd in the NBA. Over their last five games, opponents have scored 117.2 points per game.
One area where Milwaukee has been strong defensively is defending the three-point line. On the season, they are 8th in three-point shooting percentage allowed at 34.6%. Over their last five games, they have been even better, ranking 10th in three-point shooting percentage allowed.
When it comes to rebounding, the Bucks have been solid, ranking 11th in rebounds per game and 5th in defensive rebounds per game. They have also been a middle of the pack team in terms of blocked shots at 16th.
Bucks vs. Timberwolves Player Props
A player prop we are looking at is Giannis Antetokounmpo and his points prop of 34.5.
Currently, the over for this prop is sitting at a payout of -105 while the under is at -125. For his matchup against the Bucks, we recommend taking the under on Giannis Antetokounmpo and his prop bet of 34.5 points. According to our player projection model, he is expected to fall short of his prop, with a projection of 34.
- The Prop: Giannis Antetokounmpo Under 34.5 Points (-125)
Exclusive NBA Player Props Special: Thursday, Feb. 8
This is a no-brainer NBA prop for ALL USERS of Sleeper Fantasy on Thursday.
Our partners at Sleeper Fantasy are offering a promotion that allows you to take Nikola Jokic over 0.5 points.
- New customers can also get up to a $500 deposit bonus with promo code PROPS.
- You can pair this with one of the aforementioned props or use our NBA cheat sheets for help.
- This presents a fantastic opportunity to boost your bankroll.
To redeem this exclusive offer, simply click here or the banner below.
Bucks vs. Timberwolves Predictions
Not only do we have the Bucks winning this one by a score of 124-116, but we see them covering the spread. Our pick is to grab the Bucks at -1.5.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 227, and our model predicts the Timberwolves and Bucks to score a combined 240 points. We recommend betting on the over.
The Pick: Bucks -1.5 | at Fanduel Sportsbook