The Nets and Oklahoma City Thunder will matchup on Friday, Jan 5. Tip-off for the game is 7:30 ET and will be shown on YES. Oklahoma City is favored by 5 points in this game, and the total is 234.5. Who do we think will come out on top? Keep reading for our top Nets vs. Thunder player props and predictions.
Nets vs. Thunder Odds
- Spread: Thunder -5
- Total 234.5
Exclusive NBA Player Prop Special: Friday, Jan. 5
This is a no-brainer NBA prop for NEW USERS of Underdog Fantasy on Friday, Jan. 5.
Our partners at Underdog Fantasy are offering a promotion that allows you to take LeBron James over 0.5 points.
- New customers can also get up to a $100 deposit bonus with promo code PROPS.
- You can pair this with one of the aforementioned props or use our NBA cheat sheets for help.
- This presents a fantastic opportunity to boost your bankroll.
To redeem this exclusive offer, simply click here or the banner below.
- Date: Friday, Jan 5
- Time: 7:30 ET
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY
- TV: YES
Thunder Betting Trends
- Over their last five games, the Thunder have an over/under record of 3-2 and are 4-1 vs. the spread.
- In their last ten games away from home, the Thunder have a straight up record of 6-4 while going 7-3 vs. the spread. The team averaged 122 points per game in this stretch.
- The last ten games that Oklahoma City was favored, they have an ATS mark of 7-3 while going 8-2 straight up.
Nets Betting Trends
- In their last five games, the Nets have an over/under record of 3-2 and are 2-3 vs. the spread.
- When looking at their past ten home matchups, Brooklyn has an ATS record of 1-9 while averaging 107 per game. The team went 2-8 overall in these games.
- In their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Nets have a straight up record of 1-9 and an ATS mark of 1-9.
Taking a Look at the Thunder Chances on the Road
Coming into today’s game against the Nets, the Thunder are 23-10 overall and are above .500. At home, the Thunder are 14-5 compared to their 9-5 record on the road.
Coming off a game against the Hawks, the Thunder scored 138 points, which is higher than their season-average of 122. Inside the arc, they have a 56% two-point field goal percentage. In terms of pace, they are 9th in possessions per game (100.1).
So far this season, the Thunder have been one of the best defensive teams in the league, ranking 1st in field goal percentage allowed at 44.6%. They have also been great at protecting the rim, leading the league in blocked shots at 6.5 per game.
Despite their strong defensive numbers, opponents have been able to get to the free-throw line against the Thunder, ranking 26th in made free throws allowed per game at 25.0.
Over their last five games, the Thunder have been even better defensively, ranking 3rd in field goal percentage allowed at 45.3%.
Will Brooklyn Win at Home?
Heading into today’s game vs. the Thunder, the Nets have an overall record of 15-20 this season. In the Eastern Conference, the Nets are 9th and are 4th in the Atlantic division.
In their most recent game, the Nets scored 101 points and shot 38.7% from the field. This was below their season average of 114.3 points per game. Overall, the Nets are shooting 45% from the field and are 22nd in free-throw attempts per game.
When it comes to points allowed per game, the Brooklyn Nets are 19th in the NBA at 116.1. At home, they are 13th at 112.8 points per game. Over their last five games, they have given up 120.4 points per game, which is 24th in the league.
One area where the Nets have been strong this season is on the glass. They are 2nd in the NBA in rebounds per game and 6th in defensive rebounds per game. In terms of steals, they are 29th in the league at 6.4 per game.
When it comes to three-point defense, Brooklyn is 29th in the NBA in three-point percentage allowed at 38.4%. On the season, opponents have made 14.2 threes per game vs. the Nets.
Nets vs. Thunder Player Prop
A player prop we are looking at is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and his points prop of 32.5. Currently, the over for this prop is sitting at a payout of -111 while the under is at -123. According to our projections, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is expected to record 32 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists. Regarding his points prop, we recommend taking the under at 32.5.
- The Prop: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Under 32.5 Points (-123)
Nets vs. Thunder Predictions
We’re calling a win for the Thunder, with a final score of 114-108, and we’re taking them to cover the spread. Our recommendation is to bet on the Thunder at -5.
As for the over/under, the the line is currently at 234.5, and our model projects the Thunder and Nets to reach a combined total of 222 points. Our bet is on taking the under.
The Pick: Thunder -5 | at Fanduel Sportsbook