- Does Underdog Fantasy offer college DFS games? Yes, Underdog features contests for both NCAA Basketball and Football. Underdog Fantasy doesn’t normally offer its biggest tournaments and events through college football and basketball. Nevertheless, you can still enjoy Best Ball, Battle Royale, and Pick’em games with college sports.
- How do I download the Underdog Fantasy app? You can download Underdog Fantasy on Android and iOS devices. An easy way to get either app is to visit Underdog’s website on your smartphone or tablet. Once here, you’ll see an Android and iOS icon on the homepage. You select the relevant icon to get instructions on how to download the Underdog Fantasy app.
- Are Underdog Fantasy free bets available? Free bets are promotions at online sportsbooks and not DFS sites, so you won’t find any Underdog Fantasy free bets. But you can take advantage of the Underdog Fantasy new player bonus by using the code “PROPS.” The Underdog Fantasy deposit bonus matches your first deposit by 100% up to $100.
- How old do I have to be to play at Underdog Fantasy? You must be at least 18 years old to enjoy Underdog Fantasy in most states. Alabama and Nebraska are two exceptions because they both require players to be 19 or older. Arizona and Massachusetts have even stricter requirements with a 21+ minimum age for DFS.
- Does Underdog Fantasy offer a VIP program? No VIP program is available at the time of this Underdog Fantasy review. However, you will find additional promotions beyond the Underdog Fantasy deposit bonus. This DFS operator offers a refer-a-friend program and multiplier boosts. The refer-a-friend program gives $10 for every buddy you bring to Underdog. The multiplier boosts increase the prize that you’d normally receive (e.g., 4x increase to 6x) from a winning contest.
Underdog Fantasy Review
Underdog Fantasy launched in 2020 with an All-Star lineup of investors, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, Adam Schefter, and BlackRock. So what do these big names see in an upstart that must compete against the industry-dominant DraftKings and FanDuel?
Part of Underdog Fantasy’s appeal is that it’s not competing directly against these giants. It offers unique daily fantasy sports (DFS) contests that go beyond salary-cap cash games and tournaments. Available in 41 states, this platform features Best Ball, Battle Royale, and Pick’em contests.
If you’re looking to play fantasy sports and seek something different than traditional DFS, then you can check out the following Underdog Fantasy review. We’ll cover Underdog’s unique traits, signup/deposit process, trustworthiness, company info, and legalities. This review of Underdog Fantasy provides our honest take—both good and bad—so you can make an informed choice.
How Does Underdog Fantasy Work?
We briefly touched on Underdog Fantasy’s different contests in the introduction. The following sections provide an in-depth review on these interesting games, along with Underdog’s other unique aspects.
3 Types of DFS Contests—No Salary Caps
If you’ve played at DraftKings or FanDuel, you’re probably used to setting up teams based on salary caps. Underdog Fantasy sports takes a different approach because it doesn’t offer any salary cap games or tournaments. Instead, it provides the following three formats:
- Best Ball Contests – Season-long fantasy leagues with no trades, free agent pickups, or waiver wire acquisitions. After paying a $25 entry, you draft at the beginning of the season and let fate do the rest.
- Battle Royale – These contests use daily drafts and end when the day’s games are over. Battle Royale contests vary by featuring $3–$300 entry fees and teams with 3–12 players.
- Pick’em – These games involve player props and break down into two camps: Over/Under and Rivals. Over/Under sees you decide if a player will go over or under a stat total (e.g., over/under 2.5 touchdowns). A Rivals game involves picking one player to outperform another player in a given stat.
Underdog isn’t the only daily fantasy sports site that’s offering these styles of contests. However, it’s the only one we’ve reviewed that has season-long Best Ball tournaments, Pick’em, and snake drafts under one cyber roof.
Huge Potential Prize Pools
Again, Underdog Fantasy isn’t the lone DFS site in the Pick’em or Best Ball market. But it outdoes most competitors in these niches thanks to bigger prize pools and payouts. For example, the Best Ball Mania event features a $10 million prize pool and $2 million top payout. The NBA-based “Double Dribble” tourney offers a $200,000 prize pool with only a $5 entry fee.
Even the regular contests can feature decent-sized payouts under the right circumstances. For example, Pick’ems offer variable prizes worth up to 20x the entry.
Large Underdog Fantasy Deposit Bonus
The Underdog Fantasy new player bonus matches your first deposit by 100% up to $100. Of course, $100 doesn’t seem like much if you’re coming from the online casino or sports betting world. It’s a significant amount in DFS, though, because some sites don’t offer much for new players.
You can get the Underdog Fantasy deposit bonus by following the steps below:
- Click one of the “CLAIM OFFER” or “PLAY NOW” links in this review. These links will redirect so you can visit Underdog and begin the signup process.
- Enter the Underdog Fantasy signup code “PROPS” during registration.
- Deposit at least $10.
- You’ll receive a 100% match Underdog Fantasy new player bonus.
This deal comes with 1x rollover on both the deposit and bonus. If you deposit $25, for example, you’ll need to wager $50 total to meet rollover. Only winnings are cashable—not the actual Underdog Fantasy deposit bonus itself. And don’t forget: use the PROPS Underdog Fantasy signup code to make sure you qualify.
Big League Investors
Underdog has had no trouble attracting A-list investors since going live in 2020. Its series B round netted $35 million in funding, leading to an evaluation of nearly half a billion dollars. Some of the individuals and companies contributing to this enormous sum include:
- DJ Steve Aoki
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban
- Brooklyn Nets forward Kevin Durant
- Eilers & Krejcik
- Fantasy Labs
- Future (rapper)
- Detroit Lions QB Jared Goff
- Gunna (rapper)
- Harris Blitzer Sports Entertaining (owns Philadelphia 76s & New Jersey Devils)
- Nas (rapper)
- Roto Grinders
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter
How Do I Get Started at Underdog Fantasy?
This daily fantasy site is available through an Android app, iOS app, or a desktop website. You can see how to get going with Underdog through the following steps.
Step 1: Click the “CLAIM OFFER” or “PLAY NOW” links in this review
These links are exclusive to Props.com com readers, and will redirect you to the Underdog Fantasy app. You’ll automatically be eligible for the Underdog Fantasy deposit bonus.
Step 2: Download the Underdog Fantasy App
Again, the Underdog Fantasy DFS hub is available through either desktop play or an app. Chances are, you’re among the majority who play daily fantasy games on a phone. In this case, you’ll need to visit Google Play (Android) or the App Store (iOS) and download Underdog Fantasy. Alternatively, you can visit Underdog’s website on your phone/tablet and select the Android or iOS icon.
Step 3: Sign Up for an Account
Once on the website or app homepage, you can select the “Sign Up” option to begin creating your account. This process calls for the following information:
- Date of birth
- Underdog Fantasy signup code (PROPS)
After completing registration, you’ll need to agree to the terms of service before continuing. These terms lay out the general rules for playing at Underdog.
Step 4: Make a Deposit
You must make a $10 minimum deposit to both play at Underdog Fantasy and qualify for the bonus. Unfortunately, Underdog only offers two deposit methods, but these options are common and easy to use:
- PayPal – Enter your PayPal login details and fund your account.
- Credit and debit cards – Use PayPal to place a credit/debit card guest deposit. You don’t actually need to have a PayPal account to use this method.
Step 5: Start Playing Games
Once your deposit goes through, you’ll be able to begin playing at Underdog. Entry fees range from $5 to $25, which is affordable for most bankrolls. The three types of contests include Best Ball, Battle Royale (daily snake drafts), and Pick’em (player props). You can play contests across the following sports and leagues:
Is Underdog Fantasy Legit?
Investors like Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, Nas, and BlackRock look impressive. But investors aside, how do you know that you can actually trust depositing at Underdog? The following points explain why Underdog Fantasy is a safe place for enjoying DFS.
Available and Regulated in Many States
Underdog operates in 41 states, thus making it one of the most-widely available DFS sites. Some of these states require operators to obtain licensing, and they have a regulatory body overseeing the sites. In these cases, you can be extra comfortable with Underdog because it must abide by strict regulations.
Here are examples of state licensing bodies that oversee Underdog:
- Arizona Department of Gaming
- Colorado Division of Gaming
- Indiana Sports Wagering and Paid Fantasy Division
Law Abiding Operator
Underdog Fantasy has a reputation to uphold due to its licenses in many states and 100+ employees. Therefore, it makes sure to follow the laws in every jurisdiction where it operates. Underdog requires all players to be at least 18 years old—the minimum DFS age in most states. It also obtains licensing and pays the necessary fees in any state that makes such requirements.
Will I Get Paid if I Win?
This site isn’t bursting with payment options, but it does offer a couple of withdrawal methods. You can make an Underdog Fantasy cash-out using PayPal or ACH (eCheck). PayPal is the fastest of these two methods, typically delivering winnings within 0–2 business days. ACH, meanwhile, takes 2–4 business days to provide your winnings.
Who Runs Underdog Fantasy?
Looking to know more about the Underdog Fantasy team before signing up? The following info covers Underdog’s founders and where the company can legally operate.
The Founders of Underdog Fantasy
Entrepreneur and investor Jeremy Levine is the co-founder of Underdog Fantasy. Levine launched the company in Brooklyn, New York in 2020 and has kept his homebase there ever since. Levine’s other ventures in the sports betting space include opening DRAFT in 2017 and sold the company to Betfair (now Flutter) in 2019 for $48 million.
Co-founder and CEO Brandon Stakenborg is also worth mentioning as a key player. Stakenborg was the VP of Mobile Development at DRAFT before helping Levine launch Underdog.
Here’s a look at the rest of the Underdog Fantasy team:
- Dustin Cooper – CFO
- Elizabeth Keevil – CMO
- Trevor John – Co-founder & Chief Technology Officer
- Bertrand Moulard – VP of Engineering
- Stacie Stern – VP of Government Affairs & Partnerships
- David Gamboa – Creative Director & Marketing Director
- John Schloman – Director of Engineering
- Michael Maghsoudi – Director of Product
What States is Underdog Fantasy Legal in?
Underdog legally operates in Canada and 41 states across the U.S. Below, you can see all of the states where Underdog is legal:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia