If you’re on the hunt for predictions regarding Pelicans vs. Clippers, look no further. The Clippers are hitting the road to challenge the Pelicans on Friday, Jan 5 at 8:00 ET. Currently, the total is 230, with Clippers being favored by 1. Check out our Pelicans vs. Clippers player props and predictions.
Pelicans vs. Clippers Odds
- Spread: Clippers -1
- Total 230
Exclusive NBA Player Prop Special: Friday, Jan. 5
This is a no-brainer NBA prop for NEW USERS of Underdog Fantasy on Friday, Jan. 5.
Our partners at Underdog Fantasy are offering a promotion that allows you to take LeBron James over 0.5 points.
- New customers can also get up to a $100 deposit bonus with promo code PROPS.
- You can pair this with one of the aforementioned props or use our NBA cheat sheets for help.
- This presents a fantastic opportunity to boost your bankroll.
To redeem this exclusive offer, simply click here or the banner below.
- Date: Friday, Jan 5
- Time: 8:00 ET
- Location: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans LA
- TV: BSNO
Clippers Betting Trends
- Over their last five games, the Clippers have an over/under record of 2-3 and are 3-2 vs. the spread.
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Los Angeles has an ATS record of 2-1 while averaging 122 per game. The team went 2-1 overall in these games.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Clippers have gone 8-2 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 10-0.
Pelicans Betting Trends
- In their last five games, the Pelicans have an over/under record of 2-3 and are 2-3 vs. the spread.
- Across their last five home contests, New Orleans has been good against the spread posting a mark of 4-1. Their overall mark in these games was 5-0, while averaging 128 points per game.
- As the betting underdog, the Pelicans have an ATS record of 4-1 in their last five games. In these matchups their, straight up record was 4-1.
Do the Clippers Have a Shot at a Road Win?
With an overall record of 21-12, the Clippers will be looking to extend their four-game winning streak in today’s game. When playing at home, the Clippers have gone 14-4 compared to a 7-8 record on the road.
In their last game, the Clippers scored 131 points vs. the Suns, which is higher than their season average of 117.2 points per game. When it comes to offense, the Clippers have a field goal percentage of 49% on the season, which is 5th best in the NBA. In terms of three-pointers, the Clippers are 3rd in percentage and 15th in three-pointers made.
So far this season, the Clippers have been a top-10 defense, allowing just 112.2 points per game, which is 11th in the NBA. On the road, they have given up 116.7 points per game, which is 17th in the league.
When it comes to defending the three-point line, the Clippers have been solid, allowing opponents to shoot just 35.1% from beyond the arc, which is 12th in the NBA. In terms of steals, they are 6th in the league at 8.1 per game.
Overall, opponents have shot 46% from the field against the Clippers, which is 5th in the NBA. In terms of fouls, they are 13th in the league.
Can the Pelicans Secure a Win at Home?
As they go up against the Clippers, the Pelicans are focused on staying above .500, and are currently 21-14. In Western Conference play, the Pelicans are 14-12 and are 7-2 in games against non-conference teams.
In their last game, the Pelicans put up 117 points vs. the Timberwolves. Their field goal percentage in that game was 55.6%, and they made 12 threes. On the season, the Pelicans are shooting 48% from the field, which is 6th best in the league. When it comes to three-pointers, they are 10th in percentage and 25th in makes.
When it comes to defense, the New Orleans Pelicans have been one of the best units in the league this season. They are currently 8th in the NBA in points allowed per game at 112.0. Over their last five games, they have been even better, giving up just 104.2 points per contest, which is the best mark in the league over that span.
One area where the Pelicans have struggled defensively is in their ability to defend the three-point line. On the season, they are 16th in three-point shooting percentage allowed at 33.5%. However, over their last five games, they have been much better in that area, ranking 2nd in three-point shooting percentage allowed at just 28.8%.
Pelicans vs. Clippers Player Prop
When looking at a player prop for this game, Brandon Ingram has a points prop of 22.5 with both the over and under paying out at -117. Based on our projections, Brandon Ingram is expected to go 9/19 from the field, resulting in 25 points. We recommend taking the over on his prop bet, which offers a payout of -117.
- The Prop: Brandon Ingram Over 22.5 Points (-117)
Pelicans vs. Clippers Predictions
Our bet is on the Clippers for a win, and we project the score to be 116-113. Additionally, we expect them to cover the spread, so our recommendation is to wager on the Clippers with the spread at -1.
Regarding the over/under, the current line is set at 230, and our model predicts the Clippers and Pelicans to score a combined 229 points. We recommend betting on the under.
The Pick: Clippers -1 | at Fanduel Sportsbook