This Props.com review of ThirveFantasy was conducted by Jeremy Olson, one of the resident daily fantasy sports experts here at Props.com. All of the insights, game descriptions, and ratings in this review come from Jeremy’s hands-on testing of the ThriveFantasy product.
ThriveFantasy Quick Facts
The daily fantasy sports (DFS) industry has evolved over the past several years. Newer DFS operators are bucking traditional contests and focusing solely unique games. Such is the case with ThriveFantasy, which fuses daily fantasy sports tournaments with player props.
How does this interesting combination work? You can see in the following ThriveFantasy review, which covers this app’s gameplay, markets, bonus, trustworthiness, and legalities. You’ll also learn how to play ThriveFantasy games, make deposits, and cash out.
ThriveFantasy September 2023 Bonus Offer
How Does The ThriveFantasy App Work?
As you may know, traditional contests require you to stay under a salary cap when choosing players during the drafting process. Meanwhile, player props, which are common at sports betting sites, hinge on player performances. Many daily fantasy sports offer common tournaments or player props—but not both.
What sets ThriveFantasy apart is that it combines old- and new-school DFS contests. The result: guaranteed prize pool (GPP) tournaments that revolve around over/under (a.k.a. totals) picks.
If you know sports betting well, then you’ll be familiar with totals. These bets require you to wager over or under a given line. Of course, ThriveFantasy is a DFS site and not a sportsbook, and it doesn’t pay you for each correct over/under prediction. Instead, every correct selection awards more fantasy points for your overall lineup.
Speaking of which, you’ll choose props for 10 top-tier athletes in the given sport. You’ll also select two reserve players, who fill in for elite players who can’t go that day (injury, cancellation, etc). The goal is to rack up the most fantasy points and win a big share of the prize pool.
Here’s a closer look at how to play ThriveFantasy games:
- Select the contest you wish to play.
- Scroll through and view available player props.
- Choose props for a 10-man lineup, plus two additional reserves.
- Wait for the games and see how well your DFS players do.
Most ThriveFantasy games require entry fees ranging from $5 to $100. However, you can find contests with entries as low as $1 or more than $100. Certain ThriveFantasy promotions even give you the chance to earn free contest tickets.
ThriveFantasy Offers Multiple Types of Contests
Tournaments with guaranteed prize pools are exciting, especially when they’re offering four, five, or even six figures like at Thrive. However, GPPs aren’t the only DFS contests available on this daily fantasy sports platform. ThriveFantasy offers the following non-tourney games against other players:
- Double-ups – Win double your entry fee by finishing in the top half of the field, based on the most points.
- Head-to-head contests – In head-to-head format, you face off against one player, and the winner takes all.
- Versus contests (props) – You make various picks on which player will outperform another in a certain stat. The goal remains the same in versus contests: get more fantasy points than your opponent.
Finally, you can play ThriveFantasy (a.k.a. the house) in the prop lobby. Here, you choose 2-4 player props in hopes of beating the house. You need to get every selection right in order to win these DFS contests. As seen below, prizes are multiples of your entry fees:
- 2 players – 3.2x your entry for 2/2 selections
- 3 players – 5.2x your entry for 3/3 selections
- 4 players – 10.2x your entry for 4/4 selections
- 5 players – 20.2x your entry for 5/5selections
What Sports Does ThriveFantasy Offer?
The ThriveFantasy app covers all the major American sports and then some. Its contest lobby provides everything from football to esports leagues. Baseball, cricket, CSGO, League of Legends (LoL), and soccer represent just a small sample of what’s available.
The biggest prize pools and featured contests normally revolve around basketball and football. But you can find plenty of games involving elite athletes from other sports too. Here’s a full list of the leagues and sports that ThriveFantasy offers:
- PGA Tour
- Esports (CSGO, Dota 2, LoL, Overwatch, Valorant)
ThriveFantasy Promo Code And Welcome Bonus
ThriveFantasy offers Props.com players a 100% deposit match bonus worth up to $250. You can claim this deposit bonus by using our exclusive ThriveFantasy promo code PROPS when signing up. The ThriveFantasy app signup instructions are explained in the next section.
Here are notable terms and conditions behind the ThriveFantasy deposit bonus offer:
- $10 minimum deposit
- 4x rollover on the ThriveFantasy bonus funds
- 45 days to meet the 4x rollover
- Any deposit worth $500 or more qualifies for six $20 free contest tickets ($120 total) too.
You’ll find other ThriveFantasy promotions available from time to time as well. Check Thrive’s website and social media platforms to see what else is on offer.
How Do I Start Playing At ThriveFantasy?
New users can quickly get started with a ThriveFantasy account by following the steps below:
- Click on a “CLAIM NOW” or “PLAY NOW” link on this page.
- Select the Sign Up option on the landing page.
- Enter your email, username, password, date of birth, and ThriveFantasy promo code “PROPS.”
- Choose the Sign Up button to finish creating your account.
- Fill in your name and home address in your account section.
- Make a deposit using an available banking method.
Note that the ThriveFantasy app is available for Android and iOS devices. You can visit Thrive’s website (via our CLAIM NOW link) and find the relevant Apple App Store and Google Play Store links. Just select the Android or iOS button once there to visit the download section.
How to Deposit
You can deposit money at ThriveFantasy using major credit cards (e.g., Visa, Mastercard), PayPal, and eCheck. The minimum deposit is $10, which also qualifies you for the ThriveFantasy bonus. Just select the “Add Funds” tab in your account to begin funding your account.
September 2023 ThriveFantasy New Player Bonus
Is ThriveFantasy Legit?
ThriveFantasy launched in 2016 and has been a legit DFS site ever since. It only operates in jurisdictions that allow real-money daily fantasy sports. In some cases, it must obtain licensing and operate under strict regulation (covered next).
Aside from operating above board, ThriveFantasy also has strong customer service and makes timely payouts. Thrive features knowledgeable support reps who are available through email and phone. Unfortunately, live chat support isn’t offered, but you should still be able to contact this site in a timely manner.
As for payouts, you can normally expect withdrawals to process and hit your account within 24-72 hours. Although not the absolute fastest cashout time frame, this window does compare well to most DFS operators.
Who regulates Thrive?
ThriveFantasy operates in various regulated daily fantasy sports jurisdictions. In these cases, it must first obtain licensing from the relevant regulator and then abide by that regulator’s rules. Here are a few gaming governing bodies that oversee ThriveFantasy:
Why should I trust Thrive?
As mentioned above, ThriveFantasy is fully regulated in some states. It has obtained licensing in these states by completing application and vetting processes. Gambling authorities like the Colorado Division of Gaming only approve operators that they feel will act responsibly.
Based in New York, New York, Thrive is a well-funded company that honors all withdrawals. CEO Adam Weinstein launched Thrive Fantasy in 2016 after spending three years with the New York Yankees’ premium sales department. Weinstein raised $7.6 million from various investors to launch Thrive, and the company still appears in good financial health.
How do I get paid if I win?
You can withdraw money from Thrive DFS through the following steps:
- Visit your account section.
- Select the “Withdraw Funds” option.
- Enter your withdrawal amount ($20 minimum) and your email address.
- Confirm the given cashout method and transaction.
As for ThriveFantasy withdrawal methods, your cashout goes to the deposit option used when possible. If you fund an account with PayPal, for example, your withdrawal will also come through PayPal. Thrive doesn’t make payments through credit cards, so you’ll need a different cashout method in the case of Visa or Mastercard.
Now that you know how the withdrawal process works, you can see more on available cashout methods below. Note that Prizeout gift cards are withdrawal options despite not being eligible for deposits.
Launched in 1998 as Confinity, PayPal was one of the earliest eWallets. It has used this early-mover advantage to become a massive payment processor worth $100 billion. Thanks to its long-standing success and funding, PayPal is arguably the world’s safest eWallet.
Some DFS sites still send paper checks to customers, but this method can take weeks. An eCheck, by contrast, lets you send and receive payments within around 24-72 hours. eChecks either debit or credit your bank account, depending upon if you’re depositing or withdrawing from Thrive, respectively.
Prizeout Gift Card
Prizeout gift cards provide one more way to cash out funds from ThriveFantasy. In this case, withdrawn funds go directly to your Prizeout card. You can even earn rewards and bonuses when withdrawing money via Prizeout.
ThriveFantasy Promo September 2023
The ThriveFantasy app legally operates in the following 33 states:
- Massachusetts (minimum age 21)
- Nebraska (minimum age 21)
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
In addition to these American states, you’ll find ThriveFantasy legal in every Canadian province except Ontario. The Ontario DFS laws and taxes make it unattractive for most daily fantasy sites to operate here.
ThriveFantasy Promo September 2023
- What is the promo code for ThriveFantasy? The Thrive Fantasy bonus is a 100% deposit match worth up to $250. You need to use the Thrive Fantasy promo code "PROPS" to qualify for this deal. You enter the PROPS Thrive Fantasy promo code during the registration process. You'll have to deposit at least $10 to cash in on this deal.
- Is ThriveFantasy legal? Yes, Thrive Fantasy is currently legal in 33 states in the US. It's also legal in nine out of 10 Canadian provinces, with Ontario being the lone exception. Thrive Fantasy only operates in jurisdictions where daily fantasy sports are permitted. In some cases, it has to apply for and receive a license before operating (e.g., New Jersey).
- How do I withdraw money from ThriveFantasy? You can withdraw money from Thrive Fantasy by visiting the banking section and initiating a cashout ("Withdraw Funds"). The minimum withdrawal is $20 per transaction. The Thrive Fantasy app sends withdrawals back to your chosen deposit method when possible. If you use eCheck to deposit, for example, you'll receive a cashout through eCheck.
- How long do ThriveFantasy withdrawals take? The wait on Thrive Fantasy withdrawals depends upon the banking option. PayPal offers the fastest cashouts at 1-24 hours on average. Meanwhile, eCheck and Prizeout gift card withdrawals usually take 24-72 hours.
- Is ThriveFantasy a sportsbook? No, Thrive Fantasy is a daily fantasy sports site that features contests with entry fees. You can compete against other users in cash games and prize pool tournaments through a fantasy point system. Meanwhile, you can face Thrive (the house) in prop lobby games (choose 2-4 players). In contrast, a sportsbook offers different types of one-off bets (e.g., moneylines, spreads, props) rather than contests.